The SSA wants to know what our student and early career members are working on. To find out, SSA’s Young Statisticians Network (YSN) is running a virtual Poster Pitch event via Zoom on Friday July 10 at 3pm. If you are one of our student or early career members, we want you to present your work to the world! Share your work and practice your communication skills, while describing your contribution to scientific knowledge.
Participants will be required to submit their pitches in video format by July 1 at 8pm AEST. Pre-recorded videos will be aired on event day. The audience and a panel of experts will judge the pitches and prizes will be awarded to the best pitches of the day.
Who can participate?
We strongly encourage students and early career members (i.e., within 5 years of graduation) to participate.
- One participant can submit one video
- The video can contain only two slides (refer to What we need from you)
- Pitches must be 1 to 3 minutes long. We will cut off the video at three minutes!
- Presentations are to be spoken word. No poems, videos or props are accepted.
- Must be predominantly in English
Time and date of event
Video poster pitches will be aired Friday, July 10th at 3 pm AEST.
What we need from you
Participation is only open to SSA members (membership is only $20 a year for full time students!)
Participants will need to submit their video by July 1. Their video should include:
1) Title slide: Include author’s full name, affiliations and contact email which attendees can contact you on.
2) Content slide: Create a landscape poster that creatively illustrates your research.
Your content slide should explain your research and main outcomes, be concise and reader friendly, particularly given these posters will be presented in a video and virtual setting. Posters can be fitted as PDF slides in landscape format (120 cm wide x 90 cm high).
Acceptable file types include .m4v or .mp4 formats. The video resolution should be 1920x1080.
Where to submit your video
Click here to fill out a brief form. You can either (a) directly upload your video using the form or (b) upload your video to Vimeo and submit the link in the space provided on the form. If you have any issues when submitting your form, email the YSN Chair Janan Arslan. Alternatively, you can message the YSN via Twitter.
Submit your pre-recorded video by July 1st at 8 pm AEST.